Why Get Your Calgary Realtor License
These days, hardly a day gone by without news of the latest corporate layoffs. Coupled with the rapid growth of e-commerce and computer automation technologies, jobs across industries, regardless of labor works or office jobs, are not immune from getting replaced by machines. Unfortunately, as the computer grows ever more powerful at an exponential rate, more jobs will be at risk. In such uncertain time, becoming a Realtor, such as in the city of Calgary stands out as a good career option, and here are the top reasons why.
Why you should become a realtor in Calgary
- Oil price appear to be stabilizing in the low $40, which is almost the level we last seen since the bottom of the great recession of 2008-2009. As the global economy recover from the chaos in Eurozone, the slowdown in China and among many others things, oil consumption and prices will pick up again. Therefore, the high oil price will improves the GDP of Calgary and attracts waves of workers and immigrants into the city, and of course, they will need to find a place to stay, thus boosting the demand of Realtor in Calgary.
- With the Liberal government elected in Ottawa, as the Liberals loosen immigration policy, Canada will soon welcome many new immigrants into the country and guests visiting family members. Although Calgary may not be as popular landing choice as Vancouver or Toronto, but nevertheless, it is a major destination for new Canadian and a business hub in Western Canada.
- Similar to the point above, Justin Trudeau already announced to take in 25,000 Syrian refugees, which will increase the demand of real estate and real estate agents in Calgary and other cities.
- Overpriced housing price in Vancouver is making the city less attractive. Calgary will serves as a great alternative.
- As self-employed, you will get tax benefits and can write off many bills as business expenses.
Benefit of being a realtor extend beyond the freedom or being your own boss. Most importantly, let’s not forget that real estate agent is a job that requires human interaction, therefore it is unlikely to be replaced by computer.
These are some of the benefits of getting your real estate license in Calgary, but the general benefits also apply to getting real estate license in Ontario or other provinces as well.
For official real estate course in Calgary and how to become a Realtor in Calgary, please click here.
No Pain, No Gain
Lastly, it is crucial to understand if you don’t jump in the water with both feet, you may never learn to swim. Essentially, don’t bother doing part time or schedule appointments on the side. A regular day of a realtor will consists of prospecting for new clients, prepare marketing material, understand the property and its neighborhood, property showing, research and education, booking showing, booking interview, presenting offers, negotiating, listing, legal issues and hundreds of other things. A real estate agent is a full time challenging job with great rewards for those who works hard and are fully committed. Eventually you will build up your reputation, and start receiving referrals and listings left and right.
If you like this article and would like to see more, please subscribe to our mailing list below.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.